Saturday, April 21, 2007

Incompetent, Illiterate, and Intolerable

Check out this post by Anonymous Liberal. The video of our leader is painful to watch it's so embarrassing. I couldn't get through the whole thing. Here's a taste:

"...I happened to pass a television that was tuned to CNN. To my surprise, instead of seeing ol' Alberto sweating it out before the judiciary committee, I saw George W. Bush speaking at what appeared to be some sort of hastily-arranged townhall venue in Ohio.

My first thought was that CNN had fallen for an obvious attempt by the White House to divert coverage away from Gonzales' embarrassing testimony. And that may well have been the White House's intention. But if so, I don't think it worked out quite the way they had planned.

After six years of the Bush presidency, we've all become somewhat accustomed to Bush's clear deficits as a leader. None of us turn on the television and expect to be moved by Bush's eloquence or reassured by his commanding grasp of the facts. Our collective expectations have been significantly lowered over the years. That said, there are still times when even these low expectations aren't enough to keep you from wondering how it is that this utterly unqualified man ever came to be the leader of the free world. As I stood there in the lobby today, I had one of those moments."

Word.

No comments: